Thursday, January 24, 2013

Guest room reveal

We are almost there and certainly enough to do a posting.  So following on from prior to Christmas here or even earlier here we have finished the bulk of work and moved in the pretties.  A few final bits and pieces for completion include window furnishings, a custom built cupboard door and of course the flooring and skirting boards.  The flooring will be delayed until the front of the house is completed (that's next on the list) . So let the photos do the talking.....



































Below is my favourite shot, I love the look with the night light on.




































You can see in the picture below the new french doors have replaced the old garage doors which were beyond repair.


































The frames were a pickup from Target.  I love the little accent of red in them and of course a little bit of Paris always makes me smile.



 The dress mirror was purchased in an antique shop in Melbourne many years ago.



































Onto the ensuite with accessories from Recollections.  The towel stand will do for the moment and was left in the house when we purchased it.  I gave it a lick of paint to freshen it up.


































I love the venetian mirror which I waited and waited for our drive to Melbourne to collect.  Thanks to my sister for minding it for me. 




































A few reminder images of how it all started...






































































Now which relative or friend is going to be the first to stay?

18 comments:

  1. It looks so lovely! The colours are nice and fresh and how spiffy is that bathroom. You will have guests lined up to visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny ... congratulations it looks wonderful! I absolutely love the bedlinen ...very French but also love the bathroom tiles! Well done .... it looks fantastic and the first guest will be very lucky to have such a beautiful place to rest their heads!
    best wishes and Happy 2013!
    Frances
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fantastic. It really is. I love the bathroom so much - perfect for a Qlder. Well done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Jen! It looks fabulous. Your vision and all your hard work has paid off. I'm happy to be first in line to stay overnight in this gorgeous room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh pick me Jenny, its stunning, Im sure your guests will be delighted to stay in such a beautiful , welcoming room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous Jenny. I love the bedlinen and that gorgeous chair. It all fits together so beautifully. Is the bedlinen from Provincial? Your friends will be beating the door down to be the first to stay. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Jenny. That looks amazing. Well done. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jenny,
    So much work but wow, so worth it. You must be really pleased to be able to tick such a big job off the list. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks stunning - I love the red - it makes it look so warm & inviting ... beautiful job!

    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love to stay here, what a gorgeous room. Be careful showing this room as you may get visitors who may never want to leave. I know I wouldn't!!! Well done, you are so talented. Hayley xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks amazing, love the bathroom as well,gorgeous tiles. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is the bedlinen from Provincial? .. I have some very similar linen in black&white from there :)

    Gorgeous room! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! just came across this blog once again ( some 6months later ;) ), and thought í'm sure I posted here once before?!' so checked for a reply ;) *bump*

      Delete
    2. Hi Leanne, sorry for my very very late response but yes the bed linen is from Provincial and I also love it in the black and white. Just had a quick look at your lovely blog and renovations - nice work! Thanks for the *bump*. ;-)

      Delete
  13. Love this bedroom/bath colours and soft furnishings... spot on for interior :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great deisgn! I call this a 'love' room. :) I’m really interested in renovation/home decor because I work for a social media site that’s all about houses/homes and we are about to release an online renovation tool. Have you tried something like this? The site is @ http://www.housenet.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't decide what I like more; the bevelled edge tiles, the venetian mirror or those gorgeous doors! Beautiful job Jenny xx

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a note... It is very much appreciated. Happy blogging.